2024 KEN HAEVERNICK OSSA SCHOLARSHIP
OSSA scholarship is available to either graduating high school seniors or a person currently enrolled in a college or trade school full time (12 semester credits), either physically or online. Scholarships will be given to the winners regardless of other grants or scholarships that the students may receive.
Requirements are as follows:
- The applicant or immediate family must be a paid member of Oregon State Snowmobile Association.
- The applicant must submit the completed application form.
- The applicant must submit a cover letter. This letter must include the student ID number and college/trade school name and the address to which a scholarship check would be sent.
- The applicant must submit a resume detailing his/her involvement in snowmobiling as well as extra-curricular/volunteer activities.
- The applicant must include an essay (essay subject on the application form). The essay MUST follow the format below to be accepted and should be sent in Word or Google Docs:
- Minimum of 2 pages – typed.
- Font – Times New Roman.
- Font size – 12 point.
- Margins – set to 1 inch for all margins (top, bottom, left side, right side).
- Page numbers (if included) should be .5 inch from the top of the page (not within the 1” margin).
- A header (for example, the essay question) can be added 1 inch from the top of the first page, and then enter a double space to begin your essay.
- Do NOT use bold-faced type or other special settings.
- If work is cited, add an additional “work-cited” page at the end of the essay. This information will NOT be counted as part of the 2-page minimum.
- The applicable documents must be received via email at the OSSA Office by February 1, 2024. Please email to Lmahoney@oregonsnow.org using a subject line of OSSA Scholarship Application.
- Any entry that does not meet ALL of these requirements will be disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Students must use the scholarship within one year of receiving it.
- All scholarship checks will be written directly to the college and not to the student. NO EXCEPTIONS.
All applicants will be notified of the final scholarship selection by April 15, 2024. The scholarship winner will be publicly announced at the OSSA Board Meeting in May 2024.