2022 KEN HAEVERNICK OSSA SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
OSSA will be offering a scholarship to either a graduating high school senior or a person currently enrolled in a college, technical or vocational program. This will be a $2,000.00 grant and will be given to the winner regardless of other grants or scholarships that the student may also receive.
Requirements are as follows:
- The applicant must be a member of the Oregon State Snowmobile Association.
- The applicant must submit the completed OSSA Scholarship application form.
- The applicant must submit a resume' detailing his/her involvement in snowmobiling, as well as extra-curricular/volunteer activities.
- The applicant must include an essay (subject on the application form). The essay should be a minimum of 2 pages, double-spaced and typed. Keep in mind that a well-researched, comprehensive essay will undoubtedly be significantly longer, and we certainly encourage that.
- All tasks on this application must be completed or it will be rejected.
- The application must be received by the Oregon State Snowmobile Association by April 30, 2022.
- Please mail or e-mail application to:
OSSA Scholarship Application
20827 Desert Woods Dr
Bend, OR 97702
Email address: Lmahoney@oregonsnow.org
An alternate will be picked if the winner should decide not to enroll in a college, technical or vocational program.
Global Pandemic, Who Knew? Covid19 is going to go down in the history books! In the future, you will be sharing this event with your kids and your grandkids. This Pandemic has also impacted the Snowmobiler!
Essay Challenge: Share with us your answers to the following questions.
- How did the Pandemic impact you as a snowmobiler?
- Looking back, what would you have done differently?
- Looking forward, what potential impacts are ahead for the snowmobiler?
- Please tell us what you might do to prepare a future for the snowmobiler if a major global event happens again.